Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound
• The Leader in acoustic absorbtion products
• Soap and water clean-up
• Mechanical Sound Isolation Component
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound Material Safety Data Sheet - .pdf
1. Cut the end of the tube of Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound.
2. Screw on nozzle and cut end, leaving an opening of approximately 3/8”.
3. Apply Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound in random pattern across the entire back of the second sheet of drywall as in picture, leaving a 2-3” border free of compound around the edge to allow for handling.
4. Raise the board into position, press against the wall or ceiling, and fasten into place using appropriate screws. It must be hung and fastened in place within 15 minutes to prevent the compound from curing before it is installed.
5. Follow all appropriate building codes regarding screw type and spacing.
6. Use Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant to seal cracks and seams
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound Data & Submittal Sheet Fast – No measuring or troweling needed
Easy – Simple to use in floors, ceilings, and walls
Versatile – For use in new construction, remodels, and retrofits Proven – Trusted by builders, contractors, architects, and DIYers
Product Description: Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is used between two or more sheets of commonly specified building materials such as drywall, plywood, and OSB, to reduce the amount of sound transmission between two rooms. Typical applications are for wall, floor, and ceiling assemblies to reduce airborne and impact noise.
Advantages: Fast – Quickly applied with no measuring or troweling needed
Easy – Simple to dispense with no specific application pattern necessary
Versatile – For use in new construction, remodels, and retrofits
Proven – Leading manufacturer of soundproofing technologies
Trusted – Used by builders, contractors, architects, and DIYers
Multi-Purpose – For use in walls, ceilings, and floors in a variety of applications
Safe – Independently tested by Underwriters Laboratories for fire safety and environmental impact
Effective – Validated by third-party laboratory testing
Sustainable - Can help achieve LEED Certification
Limitations: Must be used between two rigid layers; one layer must be porous; e.g. drywall, plywood, OSB.
Not a sealant or adhesive, therefore fasteners are necessary.
Intended for interior use only. Maintain temperature of 60°F - 80°F within building after installation. Not to be used in conjunction with a construction adhesive.
Product intended to reduce sound transmission between rooms, not to affect noise within a room.
Solid Content: 61% +/- 5%
Viscosity: Light Paste 52,000-56,000cps (#RV-6 @ 10rpm)
Odor: Mild, none after drying
Weight: 8.6 +/- 0.5 lbs./gal
Working Time: 15 minutes
Working Temperature: 40°F to 90°F (4°C to 32°C)
Curing Time: 30 days
Coverage: 16-32 sqft per tube / 365-730 sqft per pail
Packaging: 28oz. (828mL) tube / 5 gallon (18.9L) pail
Shelf Life: One year
Product Testing: Flame Spread & Smoke Development: Tested by UL Canada according to CAN/ULC-S102-10, Standard Method of Test for Surface Burning Characteristics. Flame Spread: 10, Smoke Developed: 5
Mold Resistance: Certified by UL Environment to be Mold Resistant per ASTM D3273-00
VOC: Certified by UL Environment as No formaldehyde emissions detected – meets the requirements of CA Section 01350 Water Vapor Transmission: Tested in accordance with ASTM E 96 for water vapor transmission and shown to not form a vapor retarder with a typical value of 3.1 perms.